Like the create a box dialog in Boxes, which I thought might be useful to quickly try a LiveCD.
Archive for February, 2019
Geany has a nice story about named matching groups in the manual, but those don’t seem to work in the actual find & replace dialog. Instead, you can refer to them by number. Less convenient, but generally workable.
I’ll give you a concrete example. I copied my list of games from Humble Bundle to be able to examine them better locally. I didn’t see an obvious way, so I just copied them from the website (by deactivating the
user-select: none CSS property). Long story short, I ended up with a list like this:
Anomaly Korea 11 bit studios Anomaly Warzone Earth 11 bit studios Another World DotEmu Aquaria Bit Blot Avadon: The Black Fortress Spiderweb Software BIT.TRIP BEAT Gaijin Games Blackwell 1: Legacy Wadjet Eye Games Blackwell 2: Unbound Wadjet Eye Games Blackwell 3: Convergence Wadjet Eye Games Bladeslinger Kerosene Games Bridge Constructor Merge Games
Using the regex pictured above, that turns into this:
Anomaly Korea;11 bit studios Anomaly Warzone Earth;11 bit studios Another World;DotEmu Aquaria;Bit Blot Avadon: The Black Fortress;Spiderweb Software BIT.TRIP BEAT;Gaijin Games Blackwell 1: Legacy;Wadjet Eye Games Blackwell 2: Unbound;Wadjet Eye Games Blackwell 3: Convergence;Wadjet Eye Games Bladeslinger;Kerosene Games Bridge Constructor;Merge Games
After optionally stripping out the double newlines (replace
\n), you can save the file as a
.csv and open it in Calc. And there you have it. My complete list of Android games:
In contrast to Dropbox, Discord doesn’t try to hide logging in.
The month of commercial love bears good news for owners of Android E Ink devices. Thanks to a library called refreshU and efforts by @pazos to integrate it into KOReader, we now have basic support for E Ink refreshes on a limited number of Android E Ink devices (#4517). Namely:
- Boyue T61 and some clones
- Boyue T62 and some clones
- Onyx C67
- Energy Sistem (which are in fact Boyue T62 clones). This was tested on an Energy Pro 4.
If you own an unlisted Android E Ink device, you can help us by installing the einkTest utility included under assets below. Once you start it, you’ll see a screen like the following. First it lists important device information, without which will not be able to include support for your device in future versions. Next there are three buttons you can click, to test whether your device can work with our current Android screen refresh implementation.
There’s more news for Android ereaders. Some devices go to sleep for no apparent reason, which makes KOReader unresponsive (#4428). To prevent this, go to settings (gears icon) → Screen → Keep screen on.
On the reader end, @poire-z implemented support for so-called widows and orphans (#4490). These words are typesetting jargon, see here if you want to learn more. If you’ve ever seen a line at the beginning or end of a paragraph all alone at the top or bottom of a page, you know what it’s about. There’s support for publisher styles and of course also overriding these to your own preferences.
We’d like to thank all contributors for their efforts. Some highlights since the previous release include:
- android: keep screen awake toggle (using wakelocks) (#4428, #4493) @pazos
- [fix] PocketBook 626 new firmware with new codename (#4474) @Frenzie
- Set actual model names on PB devices (#4479) @NiLuJe
- InfoMessage: avoid overflowing screen height with long messages (#4483) @poire-z
- bump crengine: Harfbuzz light, WTF-8, corrupted ZIPs (#4483) @poire-z
- Implement generic internal clipboard for all devices (#4483) @poire-z
- [fix] AppImage: include libsndio for SDL (#4488) @Frenzie
- Adds choice of default action when highlighting (#4486) @Galunid
- bump crengine: adds support for ‘orphans:’ and ‘widows:’ (#4490) @poire-z
- Fix WiFi status on Kindle (#4475) @NiLuJe
- NewsDownloader: fix RSS titles decoding (#4502) @sonix-github
- opds: fix parsing OPDS from textos.info (#4514) @avsej
- opds: add two more public servers (#4515) @avsej
- Adds “Generic web browser paragraph style” tweak (#4524) @poire-z
- bump base/blitbuffer.c: small optimisation (#4524) @poire-z
- [chore, Kobo] Move Clara HD to frontlight mixer (#4531) @pazos
- [Android] Add release/debug APK switch (#4532) @pazos @Frenzie
- [feat, Android] Add basic support for android eink refreshes on some rockchip devices (#4517) @pazos