Since I don’t use Steam that much I don’t know when it was added, but it’s nice that Steam is no longer tiny on my UHD monitor.
Archive for November, 2018
Such a rare occurrence, how nice that I can resize it, I thought. Until I actually tried to resize it. Notice how nicely it stays put to its initial size.
In its favor, it’s not one of those windows that prevent copying.
This release introduces support for BQ/Fnac devices, ported by @pazos (#4294). More information about how to turn your device into an open Linux reader can be found here. You will have to replace
/etc/rc.local with the content of
koreader-standalone.sh. We hope this sparse documentation will suffice for the moment, because we really wanted to include all of these devices in this release!
Going forward, the tagged releases on GitHub will be considered stable, unless otherwise indicated by a suffix such as
-rc. Hopefully this will remove user confusion about which release to use, particularly since new users will often be on newer devices that require a recent version (#4292).
The many changes since the last stable release are too numerous to mention or do justice. There were many visible changes, but even more under the hood. A few that stand out to me personally include:
- Visual feedback during OTA updates on Kobo and Kindle devices (v2018.07.29-beta)
- Our new logo (v2018.06.02-beta)
- The AppImage, and defaulting to CoverBrowser view (v2018.04.10-beta)
- Natural light (v2018.03.14-beta)
- HTML dictionaries (v2018.01.10-nightly)
- DjVu on Android (v2017.10.23-nightly)
- Color on supported devices (v2017.10.04-nightly)
- The ability to swipe instead of tap for menus (v2017.04.30-nightly)
- And so much more…
We’d like to thank all contributors for their efforts. Some highlights since the previous beta release include:
- Style tweaks: adds 2 page break related tweaks (#4259) @poire-z
- cre highlights: draw segments instead of word boxes (#4259) @poire-z
- Selection menu: allow viewing HTML (#4259) @poire-z
- [Key navigation] The back key can be used to go to the parent folder. (#4264)
- EPUB links: show footnotes in popup, larger tap area (#4261) @poire-z
- bump cre: allow non-word chars in text selection (#4267) @poire-z
- decouple UI from core document code (#4269) @houqp
- Wallabag plugin (#4271) @y-muller
- [Non-touch] Add a menu item to toggle a bookmark on the current page (#4262) @onde2rock
- Fix default not being used for View mode and Progress bar (#4268) @poire-z
- WebDav CloudStorage (#4272) @y-muller
- [UX] Display the author in OPDS catalogs. (#4278) @y-muller
- View HTML: adds Prettify button to CSS viewer (#4282) @poire-z
- [chore] Refactor sysfs_light (#4283) @pazos
- [build, AppImage] Update to AppImageTool 11 (#4288) @Frenzie
- [feat] Smaller version on annotated tag (#4295) @Frenzie
- [feat] Add support for BQ/Fnac devices (#4294) @pazos