KOReader 2020.02 “90 % Cocoa”
As one of the maintainers of KOReader, a versatile a document and image viewer, I’m proud to announce the latest release.
Thanks to @tcrs the program has now been ported to the Remarkable (#5828).
Additionally, OTA update reliability should be better from now on, by switching to zsync2 with a few custom patches (#5810). The update from 2019.12 to 2020.01 managed to sometimes trigger an edge condition where the OTA update would just keep looping without ever finishing. Furthermore, the download progress will now be printed directly to the screen on supported devices, so you’ll always know exactly what’s happening.
By switching to the connectivity manager on Android, we should stop falsely triggering an unconnected message in some edge cases such as Ethernet, which you typically don’t see on the platform (#5801).
And as a final little unexpected gift, @poire-z implemented a calendar view for the reading statistics, so you can easily see what you were reading when (#5854).
We’d like to thank all contributors for their efforts. Some highlights since the previous release include:
- Style tweaks: adds “Enforce steady line heights”
- Wikipedia Save as EPUB: better gallery rendering
- cre: default to enable crengine call cache
- View HTML: adds another extended debug view ((#5800)) @poire-z
- Update fonts & add Noto Sans Devanagari UI (#5803) @NiLuJe
- [i18n] GetText: ignore fuzzy strings (#5807) @Frenzie
- Allow running shell scripts from the FileManager/Favorites (#5804) @NiLuJe
- Switch to zsync2 (#5810) @NiLuJe
- Stop using the “calibre catalog” wording (#5813) @NiLuJe
- File search & BookInfo: Don’t traverse hidden folders if we’re not showing them (#5816) @NiLuJe
- end of document: add go to beginning (#5814) @yparitcher
- Some improvements to the file browser speed when very large folders are involved. On a slow Kobo, you’d have needed at least 500 files in one folder to even have a chance to notice. (#5819, #5827) @Frenzie
- Add “searchable” capabilities to OPDS catalogs (#5823) @bateast
- Add searchable version of flibusta OPDS catalog (#5826) @avsej
- android: switch to connectivity manager (#5801) @pazos
- Remarkable port (#5697, #5828, #5834) @tcrs
- Open more varieties of CBT with some upstream MuPDF patches (#5835) @q3cpma
- Don’t waste time on dir/file attributes in subdirs (#5819, #5827, #5858) @Frenzie @yparitcher
- Print zsync2’s output on screen (#5824) @NiLuJe
This is really useful because it gives you a much better idea how much time is remaining for an OTA update.
- skimto: add beginning and end as hold callback (#5820) @yparitcher
- crengine: various table and other fixes (#5840) @poire-z
- [doc] Add some basic info on using ffi-cdecl (#5808) @tcrs
- Footer: bold font option (#5849) @poire-z
- Spelling: for example, Wi-Fi, turn on/off (#5855, #5855) @comradekingu
- Statistics: new Calendar view (#5854) @poire-z
- PRSTUX fixes (#5857) @v01d