After many months of testing, “best” kerning has been made the default. Without it, languages like Arabic and Hebrew won’t be displayed correctly, which led to some confusion with regard to last month’s release. The Latin alphabet also looks better this way, but less pronounced (especially compared to “good”). If you want to set an option as a global default, you can always long-press it.
Image credit: I incorporated the coat of arms of Senica as a tribute. Hope you like it!
We’d like to thank all contributors for their efforts. Some highlights since the previous release include:
- [UX] Add timeout to Wi-Fi connected message and other UI changes (#5514, #5508) @dontcrash
- TextWidget: small refactoring, better handle max_width (#5503) @poire-z
- [fix] GetText: Support Arabic plurals (#5517) @Frenzie
- [i18n] Enable Arabic and Esperanto (#5515) @Frenzie NB Bidi support is not yet implemented in the UI.
- Menu: new algorithm for multi-lines items (#5496) @robert00s
- [feat] Open unsupported documents as text (#5497) @yparitcher
- [UX] Set global settings independent of local setting (#5522) @yparitcher
- Unify battery meters look’n feel (#5537) @NiLuJe
- ButtonTable: taller buttons for easier tap (#5554, #5585) @poire-z
- cre: use ‘best’ (Harfbuzz) as the default kerning method (#5553) @poire-z
- [feat] Favorites: organize book into collections (#5527) @robert00s
- android: touchscreen toggle option (#5564) @pazos
- [fix] Prevent crash on local calibre OPDS server (#5572) @robert00s
- [UX] Thicker loading bar (#5581) @yparitcher