At least they were nice enough to abide by my rules. 🙂
Archive for January, 2019
I’d swear I had a Battle.net account associated with Diablo II and Starcraft in the early 2000s, but either it was deleted due to nearly two decades of inactivity or I used some e-mail address I don’t remember anymore.
But anyway, a 16 character maximum? How am I supposed to work with that? Grmbl.
And then we get these “secret” questions.
So now I theoretically also have to save fake answers in my password manager?
But look, it’s all okay, because there’s SMS Protect!
To sum up, 16 characters is probably sufficiently secure, but why would you ever make that a maximum?
mklink is a rather useful command for shuffling large directories around without requiring application support (e.g., large games from HDD to SSD or vice versa).
Microsoft docs example (source):
mklink /d \MyDocs \Users\User1\Documents
There’s a better explanation here.
For the first time in twenty years new works entered the US public domain, which for some of them includes the rest of the world by extension. Read more about it here. So grab your digitized copies from a website like Archive.org or Google Books, and enjoy!
Quite a bit happened over the last month. Of course a lot happened under the hood as always, but one of the more visible changes must be the optional dynamic in-page footnotes by @poire-z (#4440, #4454). This feature mostly depends on publishers correctly indicating footnotes, but with a bit of elbow grease even less properly indicated footnotes can be displayed correctly.
We’d like to thank all contributors for their efforts. Some highlights since the previous release include:
- Hide “no framework” buttons on FW 5.x (#4379) @NiLuJe
- Fix wrong keymapping for Forma (#4376) @patrick-tang
- Fix diagonal refresh not working in TOC and History (#4378) @poire-z
- bump crengine: tables rendering improvements and others (#4378) @poire-z
- Style tweaks: move some sub-menus to first-level menu (#4384) @poire-z
- [cervantes] fix ota updates (#4386) @pazos
- [UX] Inform about hold to set custom DPI, up DPI limit to 900, show concrete numbers, more DPI presets (#4388, #4389) @Frenzie
- bump crengine: fix max image height, handle epub:switch (#4390) @poire-z
- Fix crash when tap on external link in non-EPUB documents (#4391) @poire-z
- A few Kindle fixes (#4394) @NiLuJe
- [UX, Android] Hide E Ink full refresh setting on Android (#4397) @Frenzie
- Bump base for MacOS brew fix and Android nightmode landscape fix (#4400) @pazos @Frenzie
- [feat] Add dictionary download option (#3176) @Frenzie
- [feat] MenuSorter: add sorting_hint support (#4399) @Frenzie
- bump crengine: tweak table column widths algorithm (#4404) @poire-z
- Fix translator, enable selected text translation, “Translation settings” menu (#4407) @poire-z
- MacOS build fixes (#4385) @pazos
- [fix, lang] rename calibre companion to calibre wireless connection (#4411) @civalin
- [feat] Add many more downloadable dictionaries (#4401) @avsej @Frenzie
- Add support for PocketBook Touch HD Plus (#4419) @jperon
- [fix] ODPS: socket.http redirect, where the target is a different host (#4420) @enilfodne
- Proper Forma support (#4414) @NiLuJe
- [fix] If zsync eats dirt during an OTA update, allow to fallback(#4438) @NiLuJe
- ReaderRolling: remove swipe north/south @poire-z
- History: show files sizes, as File browser does @poire-z
- CoverBrowser: options to show pages read/left as progress @poire-z
- cre: adds in-page footnotes and alternative TOC hints tweaks @poire-z
- use android log categories @pazos
- [build] Add support for Debian packages (#4434) @pazos
- [UX] Adds “Enable back history” menu item (#4443) @poire-z
- Add PB641 aka Aqua 2 support (#4445) @viksok
- [fix] Wallabag – Use JSON.encode to encode auth JSON (#4449) @jbrechtel
- Bump base (PB fb debugging, minor third-party bumps) (#4455) @NiLuJe
- Style tweaks: split in-page footnote tweaks @poire-z
- bump crengine: in-page footnotes fixes + CSS !important tweak (#4454) @poire-z
- [Kindle] Handle the two newish Indian PW4 variants (#4459) @NiLuJe
- A few Kobo input tweaks (#4450) @NiLuJe
- [cervantes] wifi: try to connect to known network before listing (#4462) @avsej
- [cervantes] automatically restore wifi connection (#4463) @avsej
- Detect the PocketBook Basic Touch 2 (PB625) @NiLuJe
- Implement workarounds for/from #4387 to better handle WiFi menu @NiLuJe