KOReader 2021.09 “September Cheese”
Traditionally, September cheese is made in — you guessed it — September. This is when the grass and milk are at their best. We hope this release won’t take as long to ripen though.
This month the keyboard sports a new coat of paint (#8089), and crengine (the EPUB renderer) has received various improvements (#8165, #8197).
The Evernote plugin has been deprecated due to changes in the Evernote API. It has been replaced by the more generically named Exporter plugin, which supports Joplin, HTML, and plain text export (#7983).
Logo credit: @bubapet
We’d like to thank all contributors for their efforts. Some highlights since the previous release include:
- WebDAV: Handle non-self-closing tag for empty collection (#8121) @johnbeard
- Kindle: don’t kill kb service on start (#8122) @hius07
- [plugin] Change OPDS filetype algorithm to extension first, mimetype second (#8115) @Frenzie
- VirtualKeyboard: redesign and enhancements (#8089) @MoreFoxBeans @mergen3107
- [UX] HE keyboard: Use updated symbols from new layout (#8131) @yparitcher
- Various WebDAV fixes (#8121, #8137, #8138) @johnbeard
- [plugin] Exporter plugin without evernote (#7983) @pazos
- Paged documents can now be controlled through Dispatcher (#7671) @yparitcher
- calibre: gui to choose default extension (#8146) @pazos
- crengine: support for ‘box-sizing’, and other fixes (#8165) @poire-z
Includes among others:
- (Upstream) Various CHM handling fixes, and others
- HTML documents: rebuild TOC from headings after load
- Font: use metrics for underline offset and thickness
- epub.css, html5.css: tweak ruby styling
- CSS: fix EPUB’s head>style content encoding
- CSS: add support for ‘box-sizing: content-box/border-box’
- CSS: support for styling the element
Also bump KoboUSBMS to v1.2.2 and FBInk to v1.24.0.
ReaderFont’s “Generate font test document”: update the generated HTML so its ToC is build from proper HTML headings.
- Footer: add Warmth as footer item (#8060) @zwim
- Style tweaks: add a few ruby specific tweaks (#8189) @poire-z @davidvelosa
- crengine: CSS: parse/skip at-rules (#8197) @poire-z
- Readersearch: add button to recall search input dialog (#8190) @hius07
- Add passwordless wifi support (#8196) @Mel-kior
- Fix OPDS plugin bug wherein Arxiv PDF document acquisition URLs are not given a callback to download (#8210) @roygbyte
- [plugin] NewsDownloader: fix XML, better error messages, change default feed, and more (#8145) @roygbyte
- Dispatcher: Revamp sections and item order (#8200) @yparitcher